Double Chocolate Mint Cookies


Hi. My name is Amanda and I'm a bake-aholic.
It's true. I admit it.
I long ago got to the stage of this addiction where I simply embrace it. Luckily, I have a wonderful mister and friends who are more than happy to enjoy the copious amounts of brownies, cookies, and cakes.
This leads us to these cookies. Someone recommended that I make something combining chocolate and mint. Some of my loved ones are big fans of the combination so I took the challenge on.
These cookies are the perfect combination of chocolate and mint. The mint is not over powering but definitely still present.
Double Chocolate Mint Cookies
Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod

  • 1/2 cup softened butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325.
Beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla, mint extract, and milk. Once combined, add flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Mixing until dough forms. Add both types of chocolate chips.
Drop by tablespoons onto a baking sheet. (I made my cookies with a mini cookie scoop) For small cookies bake for 8-10 minutes. For larger cookies, bake 10-12 minutes.
Cool and enjoy!



No comments: