Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


You know those moments where you realize you just haven't shown your appreciation for all someone does? Whether that's your mom, dad, brother, sister, teacher, friend, boyfriend, girlfriend. Or the moment where you realize you just messed up big time? Like you broke your mom's lamp or forgot your sister's birthday?
Well these cookies are for those moments.
Maybe it won't fix the issue completely but I promise they'll be a lot happier once you show up with these in hand.
These cookies are the perfect combination of a soft, chewy cookie and a crunch cookie. You can leave the cookies in longer depending on if you want a more crunchy cookie or prefer a soft one. I used two different types of oats simply because... well I'm terrible at making decisions. I also used both semisweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips. I like having a variety of chips in my cookies.

Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from a recipe given to me from a friend
Makes about 50 cookies


  • 1 cup butter or 2 sticks (softened) 
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 1/2 cups oats (either old fashioned or quick, or a bit of both)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350.
Beat the butter and sugars until smooth. Add eggs one at a time and the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips and mix until well combined. Add chocolate chips. I usually prefer to chill my dough before baking to get a better texture in the cookie. You can chill it for anywhere from 30 minutes to overnight.

Scoop dough onto a cookie sheet by the tablespoon.

Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
(Yes, I need a new cookie sheet. Where are birthdays when you need them?!)





No comments: